Thursday, December 13, 2007

An abortion doctor speaks candidly to medical students

Here's an article with some highlights, and here's the actual video. I watched almost all of it. The lack of conscience is stunning. At one point he remarks:

There is a doctor in Kansas who does abortions to 26 weeks...so when we have a patient like that we send them to Kansas.

As an OB, he's undoubtedly delivered babies at 26 weeks and knows that they are viable. He also smiles later as he talks lightly about seeing women who have abortions at 20 weeks of pregnancy because their boyfriends left, and refers to women who wait until 24 weeks to have abortions because it takes them a while to collect the money. Here's another standout quote:

When I worked in Mexico doing some research in fetal physiology, because in Mexico I could do things with pregnant women that I couldn't do in America...

It's also interesting that throughout the video he repeats multiple times that it doesn't bother him to do abortions and that he's proud of what he does. Methinks the doctor doth protest too much.

1 comment:

Jessica Snell said...

Wow. I'm at 26 weeks next week, and that just boggles my mind. I'm so very aware of my daughters within me.

Of course, my perinatologist brought up, briefly, the question of whether we wanted to continue this pregnancy, once looked like it was the high risk pregnancy that it is. So bizarre, to even be asked. As if it were a real choice. I just can't see it as a real choice.