Thursday, November 1, 2007

A quick and easy way to make your pictures pop with Photoshop

A few people complimented me on the Wordless Wednesday picture over at my other site, so I wanted to share how I did it. First, I used my camera's automatic close-up setting to get a nice, close shot. Then I used this really easy, really cool Photoshop technique (it's the first one listed). Check out the results:

BEFORE

AFTER

It works even better on people pictures! It's made some of my pictures of my kids go from looking like boring snapshots to professional portraits. I highly recommend trying it. Even if you don't have Photoshop you should be able to duplicate it in other programs.

via Lifehacker

2 comments:

Kristen Laurence said...

I love that! I don't have a program that duplicates it though.

Uke Xensen said...

I'm sorry to say I prefer the original. It had a much fuller range of midtones. The colors in the "after" version have also gone haywire, giving the entire picture a reddish cast. Plus, a remarkable amount of detail has been lost -- look, for example, at how the writing has completely disappeared from the black cork! A better approach would have been just to tweak the curves with a slight S pattern