Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A pro-life woman takes RU-486

A mother whose baby died in utero at 18 weeks recounts a stunning story of her experience taking RU-486. Here's one part that's really stuck with me:
I have never seen such agony as I saw on my husband's face when he heard her whisper, "It's a girl." His face looked like it folded in on itself. Our baby was really and truly dead. Somehow it didn't seem real until we held her in our hands and looked at her through our tears...I later learned from my midwife that [the doctor] performed abortions herself and was deeply disturbed by our pain. She told our midwife to get us out of the hospital as quickly as possible because we were upsetting the staff.
Read the whole thing.


via Thoughts of a Regular Guy

3 comments:

Colleen said...

What a powerful post. Thank you so much for sharing it. My heart is aching right now.

Unknown said...

I can't shake this story from my mind either!

Rebecca Frech said...

Thank you so very much for the link. I have gotten close to 50 hits from you alone.

I am so glad that you appreciated my story. I was so afraid that I would get slammed by the pro-abort crowd that I almost didn't write it. I'm glad I did.

love,
the Mom