Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pouring in faith

A must-read for all busy moms. An excerpt:

You know that wonderful story about the widow making bread with the last of her oil for Elijah? I was realizing that if I hold back on what I give my kids because I feel like there won't be enough [energy] to go around...then there usually isn't. But if I start out the morning pouring, the oil just keeps coming all day long. [...]

One of the lovely things about the story of the widow is that the miracle does not happen until you start to pour in faith. If you just sit in your bedroom waiting to feel full, it is just not going to happen. This kind of jug only fills while it is pouring, and there really will be enough to go around!


Read the rest here.


via Adoption Road

1 comment:

Melanie Bettinelli said...

This excerpt looks really interesting. Unfortunately I can't get the blog page to load.